Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Faithful

Today is day 16 in New York.
Before I went to bed, I came out of adjustment, again. I haven't been able to hold for the last 4 days, which makes sleeping very difficult as my symptoms are erradic and strong. 
Many have have asked me what my exact diagnosis is. 

Currently, this is how I see it. 
Apparently, I have had damage to my neck. When did that happen? I'm not really sure. Brian and I were in a car accident about 10 years ago...I never felt at that point that something happened to my neck. About 3 years ago I started to have symptoms that led me to have to go to a chiropractor frequently. Sciatic nerve and hip pain, followed by neck pain. Then about 20 months ago I hurt my knees badly. We couldn't figure out the culprite. I went to countless doctors. Praise the Lord, I did not do anything that they wanted me to do at the time. I didn't feel they could determine the problem so I didn't want to start giving myself cortizone and other therapies knowing that if it didn't work, I just comprised my body a little more. Time went by, my knees never recovered but I was atleast able to walk on them after a couple months....painfully, but still walking. About two months after that, I had a rib pop out. Extremely painful....my chiro was able to put it back in, which he had to do many times over a 2 month period, but it finally healed enough that I could use my upper body somewhat again. By this time though, I was extremely fragile. No exercise, no squatting down, no cleaning floors, and worst of all, no picking up my kids. 
Meanwhile, my front tooth was pulled for various reasons that I will spare you. Then I had a post put in for an implant that was put in sideways...incorrectly. By the time I got it back out of my mouth, I had severe damage and pain. Through countless doctors, both medical and natural, we have come to the conclusion that my palate is out of alignment.... I went to a cranial sacral doctor to try and repair it. She was able to give me relief at first but as the movement progressed in my mouth and head, my neck was not able to handle it. It was extremely painful. After 6 weeks of trying to juggle the pain that the cranial caused, we realized I had a pretty large problem in my neck that had never been diagnosed. By this time though, I couldn't function. The bones in my head are now called "dysfunctional" and let me tell you, I can feel how dysfunctional they are. I had massive pain and ribs began to pop out on each side now and I basically could no longer do anything but lie down.
Around this time, in complete despair, I decided "out of the blue" (ie....God) to go to a family friend who is a doctor/chiro and ask for some wisdom. He had just been to a conference and met a man who does upright MRI's to find info on the neck/head/brain that a traditional MRI could not show. Hugely important since the head weighs 10-14 lbs....kind of essential o see the dynamic of the head sitting on the neck. 
Hence, this doctor is in New York. This man is nothing short of inspired in his field. God has given him a gift that not many have. It has been a pure joy working with this man. 
After the MRI, we did indeed find damage to ligaments and my atlas out of alignment, my spine starting to curve (which of course would cause knees to not work, ribs to pop out, oh and arches in my feet to fall...that also happened in that time span.) 
Praise the Lord, He revealed one of my biggest problems. In addition to my atlas being out, the brain stem had dropped low and the cerebrospinal fluid was blocked....
He was able to fix that issue after one minor adjustment to my atlas. However, I now have to hold said adjustment. When your atlas has been out for some crazy amount of time and your spine and head are messed up, and you have damage to your ligaments... it is not easy to hold an adjustment. 

So, here we are. 2 months later. We have essentially moved to NY because no one can adjust me like this doctor can. We tried to have a doc in Columbus adjust me according to the same vectors/calculations...it did not go well. 

I held the adjustment for 12 days when we initially got here. The last 4 days have been in and out....very painful.  
Woke up pleading with the Lord to let me hold today....just today, Lord? 

Part two of the story goes like this. 

Three years ago this January, I traveled in a blizzard to turn in our homestudy for the adoption that we are still going through. In this blizzard, I had a very intimate experience with the Lord. As I was gripping the wheel, going about 10 MPH, praying that God would protect me up to Cleveland, I heard Him very clearly. He said....Kristen. This blizzard is what your adoption is going to look like. 

What? ok, Lord. I know that that homestudy was brutal. So much so that I though we might be denied...after already had adopting 3 kids! But, I'm taking the study now Lord...that hurdle is done. 

He said it again. By this time there are actually plow trucks spun off the road. NOT KIDDING. I felt the Spirit say...

If you don't keep your eyes on me through this process...you will be off the road too. 

Um, ok. 
Then, I went under a bridge. I could see under the bridge...

Yes, at times I will let you see what I am doing. But, most of the time (I come out from under the bridge and can not see anything, back to white knuckeling the wheel) you will be driving blind. You have to trust Me in the this. 

I had this conversation with the Lord ALL the way to Cleveland. 

It's three years later. In addition to what has happened to my body, there have been countless other very big things that caused us to question whether or not we could continue.  
He has been faithful in every single thing. And I am not talking little things like, is our house big enough?  I'm talking earth shattering things. 

So, here we are. Sitting in NY. Wondering what He has in store for us today. We have moved around four different times in the last 2 weeks. Our kids are starting to see their desperate need for Christ as the realize their mommy and daddy have no control over life (Praise Him for that!) 

I have to declare Him faithful.
Every time that there seems to be movement in our adoption...it "somehow" gets delayed.
We asked our agency if just Brian could travel for the first trip so it would take the pressure off me to heal completely and take as much time as was needed....
The answer was no. 
We both have to be there. 

I have no idea how God is going to get me ready to travel to Haiti. 
I can't hold my head up for more than 5 hours in a day!

With God, all things are possible....

This is not just an adoption. 
We have had our little girl's picture for 18 months. She turned 2 in Jan. 
She is part of our family. We love her as we do all our children....and our children love her. 
We talk about her everyday...pray for her everyday...long for her everyday....
I wonder to God...How are you going to do this? 

He gave us a name for her a while back.....I believe it's the answer that I keep asking Him. 

Mercy. 

Please pray with us for the seemingly impossible....that is very possible with an all-powerful God. 

Mercy, Lord. 














2 comments:

  1. Dear K,
    Pleas & pleas for mercy...
    PS 31:22
    KD~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pain is never a good sign. Particularly if one problem leads to another. Thankfully, after several appointments with your doctor and chiropractor, they determined the cause of your problem and the treatment for it. And you started to see great results two months after the first adjustment. I hope it will continue to help you achieve your full recovery soon. Stay strong!

    Joan Stevens @ Stringer Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete